Byker growth

first_imgWould you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.last_img

Read More →

Stanhope set for Treasury coup

first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

Read More →

Tailor chooses Thames Gateway for distribution expansion

first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

Read More →

Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen to be released due to coronavirus outbreak: Sources

first_imgTopics : A spokesman for the Manhattan US Attorney’s office did not immediately respond to a request for comment.Cohen, who once said he would “take a bullet” for Trump, was sentenced to three years in prison in 2018 for directing hush payments to pornographic film star Stormy Daniels and former Playboy model Karen McDougal, who claimed they had affairs with Trump. The US president has denied having the encounters.Cohen, 53, was sent to a minimum-security camp at Otisville in upstate New York, about 70 miles (110 km) northwest of New York City.He had pressed to be released early due to the coronavirus pandemic, which has hammered New York state and surfaced in prisons around the country. Michael Cohen, the former personal attorney to US President Donald Trump, will be released early from prison because of the coronavirus pandemic, two sources familiar with the matter told Reuters late on Thursday.Cohen, who has served less than one year of a three-year sentence, will serve the rest of his time in home confinement, one of the sources said. Before his release, he will have to undergo a two-week quarantine to ensure he does not have symptoms of COVID-19, according to the source, who asked not to be identified.Roger Adler, Cohen’s lawyer, did not immediately respond to a request for comment. A spokeswoman for the Federal Bureau of Prisons said that as of Thursday night Cohen was still incarcerated in the Otisville Federal Correctional Institution.center_img Last month, a federal judge denied the request, saying Cohen should accept the consequences of his crimes rather than invoke the pandemic to justify his freedom.”Ten months into his prison term, it’s time that Cohen accept the consequences of his criminal convictions for serious crimes that had far reaching institutional harms,” US District Judge William Pauley in Manhattan wrote.The judge said that Cohen’s attempt to “single himself out for release to home confinement appears to be just another effort to inject himself into the news cycle.”last_img read more

Read More →

Pension fund for Dutch notaries to revamp entire investment portfolio

first_imgSNPF, the €1.2bn occupational pension fund for notaries in the Netherlands, is to rearrange its entire investment portfolio with the view to improving control of the interest risk on its liabilities, as well as to save costs. The scheme recently changed the management style of its matching portfolio from active to passive, with its investments following the liabilities curve as closely as possible, according to Eric Uijen, the scheme’s director. Uijen told IPE the €550m ‘liabilities portfolio’ chiefly consisted of high-grade government bonds from Germany, the Netherlands, France, Finland and Austria.With added interest swaps, the portfolio covers approximately 80% of the scheme’s interest risk, he said. The SNPF also converted four fixed income mandates into one, managed by Syntrus Achmea Asset Management.The pension fund said only limited mandates for credit remained with Aegon and Pimco, and that it no longer employed the services of Lombard Odier.According to Uijen, the changes stand to save the pension fund €700,000 a year in asset management costs, while the “considerably lower” number of deals will cut costs even further.He estimated that asset management costs, without transaction costs, would drop from 0.42% in 2012 to approximately 0.20% in 2014. Uijen said the scheme’s return portfolio would be screened for possible efficiency improvements for cost cutting – by converting to passive management, for example. “At the moment, we need to answer the question of whether and to what extent we want to allow asset managers to deviate from the assigned benchmark,” he said. The SNPF’s return portfolio consists chiefly of investment-grade credit and global equity.Uijen said the pension fund intended to divest its 5% private equity holdings gradually, as the SNPF considers itself too small to have such illiquid assets in its portfolio.He added that the asset class was also “difficult to comprehend”. However, he said the SNPF was in “no hurry”, as its current investments were in the “right position on the J curve”.With the view to cutting costs further, the scheme transferred its pensions administration – managed in-house to date – to provider TKP Pension last January.The pension fund had to apply rights cuts in 2011 and 2013 of almost 2% and 5.8%, respectively, in order to adhere to its recovery plan.At year-end, its coverage ratio stood at 106.5%, 2.1 percentage points above the legally required minimum.last_img read more

Read More →

Table tennis world team championships postponed over virus

first_imgTable tennis’s world team championships, due to take place next month in the South Korean city of Busan, were postponed on Tuesday following a leap in novel coronavirus cases. Workers spray disinfectant as part of preventive measures against the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus, at the National Assembly in Seoul The International Table Tennis Federation said the event, originally planned for March 22-29, had been provisionally rescheduled for June 21-28 following an emergency meeting with local organisers. South Korea’s K-league had already postponed the start of the new football season on Monday as the virus causes chaos in the country’s sporting calendar. Volleyball, basketball and handball have taken similar measures as confirmed cases of COVID-19 rose to 893 in South Korea, with eight deaths. “In light of the emerging situation in Korea Republic and to best preserve the health and safety of players, officials and fans, the Hana Bank 2020 World Team Table Tennis Championships in Busan have been postponed with the dates of 21-28 June provisionally reserved,” said an ITTF statement. “By continuing to work hard and in close cooperation with all stakeholders in Busan, the ITTF remains confident about putting on a great World Championships in June.” The coronavirus has had a serious impact on sports events worldwide, with football matches in Italy, China and Japan postponed as well as the Formula One Chinese Grand Prix, the Hong Kong Rugby Sevens and elite women’s LPGA golf tournaments in Thailand, Singapore and China. Promoted Content18 Cities With Neverending Tourist-Flow6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A DroneBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksCelebrities Showing Support For George Floyd ProtestsWhat Happens When You Eat Eggs Every Single Day?Top 10 Most Romantic Nations In The WorldWe’re Getting More Game Of Thrones: Enter House Of The Dragon!7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market Value7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better6 Extreme Facts About Hurricanes7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty Penny Read Also: Coronavirus forces fan ban at Italian football games And the Korea Handball Federation cut its season short, cancelling the playoffs and finals. Nearly 2,700 people have died in China but the rising number of coronavirus cases and deaths elsewhere has deepened fears about a potential pandemic. More than 2,000 cases and 30 deaths have been reported outside China. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… The Korean Volleyball Federation said it would hold matches behind closed doors until “an improvement in the situation”. The Women’s Korean Basketball League took a similar decision last week and offered fans full refunds.last_img read more

Read More →

Local food pantries get funding help for holiday season

first_imgRepresentatives from area food pantries accepted the RCCF grant.BATESVILLE, Ind. – Local food pantries are getting some extra help this holiday season.The Ripley County Community Foundation granted $1,450 to each of the eight Ripley County pantries.The donation is made possible through United Way contributions and a funding match from MainSource Bank.Recipients of the United Way Grant were Batesville Area Ministerial Association Food Pantry, Bridge of Hope Food Pantry, Fishes and Loaves Community Food Pantry, Holton Food Pantry, Milan Community Emergency Relief, Ripley County Food Pantry, South Ripley Community Schools Food Pantry, and Sunman Food Pantry.last_img read more

Read More →

The Fugue enters Leopardstown frame

first_img John Gosden’s filly clinched her second Group One prize with a mesmerising display on the Knavesmire last month, after which the Clarehaven handler mentioned the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe and a return trip to the Breeders’ Cup as possible options. At that stage, a trip to Leopardstown was not discussed, but with the prospect of her favoured fast ground looking likely, she has been confirmed for what would be a fascinating clash with the colts. Ground conditions at Leopardstown could lead to Yorkshire Oaks heroine The Fugue taking her chance in the Red Mills Irish Champion Stakes on Saturday. Simon Marsh, racing and bloodstock manager for The Fugue’s owners Lord and Lady Lloyd Webber, said: “John (Gosden) is not here at the moment, but we will talk about things in the next couple of days. “Looking at the weather forecast there is not a lot of rain around at the moment and she has got her preferred ground, so we might let her take her chance. There has been no decision about Saturday, but she would be a definite possible.” While the drying weather could persuade connections of The Fugue to give an Irish mission the green light, it looks likely to scupper the participation of both Al Kazeem and Cirrus Des Aigles. The Roger Charlton-trained Al Kazeem has already enjoyed a stunning campaign, claiming a Group One hat-trick in the Tattersalls Gold Cup, the Prince of Wales’s Stakes and the Coral-Eclipse. However, he was beaten into third in a fast-ground Juddmonte International at York last month and ease underfoot is essential for his next assignment. Charlton told his website, www.rogercharlton.com: “James Doyle walked the course (on Sunday) before his second Group One winner at the Curragh and described the ground as being very quick. So unless there is a change in the weather forecast before the weekend Al Kazeem is looking a doubtful starter. A decision will be taken nearer the time.” Al Kazeem is likely to have one more run before a tilt at either the Arc on October 6 or the Qipco Champion Stakes at Ascot 13 days later, according to his owner John Deer, who said: “I would think he’ll have two more runs. He’s entered in the Prix Foy at Longchamp (September 15) and then after that it’s the Arc or the Champion Stakes “I never thought I’d be talking about one of my horses running in races like this, it’s unbelievable. He’s had a great year and he’s just a fantastic horse.” center_img Press Associationlast_img read more

Read More →

Christian Cueva ideal match for Boca Juniors: Nolberto Solano

first_imgBUENOS AIRES: Peruvian playmaker Christian Cueva would be a perfect fit for Boca Juniors as he attempts to jumpstart his stagnant career, according to compatriot Nolberto Solano.Cueva has played just 56 matches in almost three years, having struggled with injuries and reports of disciplinary problems. The 28-year-old former Rayo Vallecano player is currently on a year-long loan at Mexican club Pachuca but is contracted to Brazil’s Santos until December 2022. Solano, who played alongside current Boca Juniors vice president Roman Riquelme during a brief spell with the Buenos Aires club in the late 1990s, said Cueva would feel at home at La Bombonera. “Christian Cueva is a player who has the type of spark that I think Roman would come to appreciate,” Solano told La Figura de la Cancha website. “There are a lot of players that Boca might pursue, but Cueva has many similarities to Roman’s taste and is somebody who could play at Boca,” added Solano, who was capped 95 times for Peru and is now an assistant coach under national manager Ricardo Gareca. Solano added that Peru’s national team will be strongly placed to fight for an automatic berth at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. The Blanquirroja ended a 36-year wait by qualifying for football’s showpiece tournament in Russia two years ago. “Peru has a great generation of talented players who are at very important clubs. Most of them are now based outside of the country,” Solano added. IANS Also Read: Relax Criteria for Rs 10,000 Financial Assistance: Naga Students’ Federation to Govtlast_img read more

Read More →

Dessers Becomes the First Nigerian to Win Dutch League Top Scorer

first_imgWhen asked to name the most beautiful goal he scored this season, Dessers picked his game-winning strike against the champions Ajax Amsterdam in February.“Yes, Ajax-home was the most beautiful. The moment was fantastic because it was against Ajax and also decisive,” Dessers said to Voetbal International.“On the other hand, the one against Twente was also fantastic. The atmosphere in that game was incredible.“Everything that was going on around that match was really a very special moment and a very special goal for me. “Having put himself in the shop window, Dessers is expected to move on to pastures new in the summer transfer window and a debut for the Nigeria national team is also on the cards next season.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Heracles Almelo striker Cyriel Dessers has become the first Nigerian in history to win the top scorer award in the Dutch Eredivisie after scoring 15 goals in 26 matches.The Dutch government has banned all sporting activities in the Netherlands until September 1, paving the way for Dessers and Feyenoord’s Steven Berghuis to be crowned top scorer after finishing with the same number of goals.In doing so, the Nigerian has joined an illustrious list of players to have won the top scorer award in the past including Marco van Basten, Romario, Dennis Bergkamp, Ronaldo, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Luis Suárez.last_img read more

Read More →